Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Media Server

The Media Server is a project that I started a year ago, but has been in conception for many.  My goal is to create a hub for everything in my home from storage/backup to entertainment.

Currently it is based on Windows Home Server which I intend to upgrade to "Vail" when it is released.  The WHS platform gives me great flexibility with storage management as well as remote management. Most importantly though, it provides a way for me to backup every computer and piece of information in my home.  It also makes that information available to me when I'm out of the house, which now I couldn't live without.

The interface is so easy to use that even my partner has embraced it! Allowing her a way to backup her work and school projects as well as our pictures and music.

This project is one which will be on-going.  Enjoy!

Brokenmachine

No comments:

Post a Comment